- “Holy Week” is the week from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday.
- Our Good Friday worship will be at 10:00 am. Members of Pax North Church will join us!
- Our Easter morning worship will be 10 am, as usual. We will celebrate Jesus’ resurrection in the Lord’s Supper. An Easter brunch will follow – please bring finger food, enough to share with others. (No time of verbal announcements that day.)
- Our Evening worship is cancelled for Easter Sunday.
- Colours in the sanctuary change to black for Good Friday, not to make it feel like a funeral but rather to show how serious it is that our Lord had to die for our salvation. Then the colours change to white for Easter – to celebrate the empty tomb! Consider talking with our children about the colours.
- Here are Scriptures to guide your personal and family Bible reading this Holy Week:
Monday: Isaiah 42:1-9; Psalm 36:5-11; Hebrews 9:11-15; John 12:1-11
Tuesday: Isaiah 49:1-7; Psalm 71:1-14; 1 Corinthians 1:18-31; John 12:20-36
Wednesday: Isaiah 50:4-9a; Psalm 70; Hebrews 12:1-3; John 13:21-32
Thursday: Exodus 12:1-14; Psalm 116:1-2, 12-19; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26; John 13:1-17, 31b-35
Friday: Isaiah 52:13-53:12; Psalm 22; Hebrews 10:16-25; 5:7-9; John 18:1-19:42
Saturday: Job 14:1-14; Psalm 31:1-4, 15-16; 1 Peter 4:1-8; Matthew 27:57-66